- I can't believe Jessie is going to America! I would be so nervous if I was just announced to go to America
- I feel bad for Jessie. She is crammed on a boat on a long trip. I would probably throw up.
- Jessie just arrived to America. I would be so excited to see America if I were Jessie.
- Jessie goes to school and tries to learn English. I feel her pain of trying to learn a new language.
- Jessie found Lou in Central Park, the friend from the boat.
- I think Jessie will get married to Lou! Now I know why she left the ring!
- Lou proposed to Jessie. I can't believe it!
- Jessie is asking to let grandma over to America.
- Jessie want's grandma to live for the wedding and to get the ring.
1. I think the book was great. I had a lot of "wow I can't believe this happened moment" in a good way
2. I like how it take's place during a certain time period. I don't like how it's old. I don't understand some of the objects or settings.
3. I was thinking how Jessie's life continued and I am wondering if Jessie will have a lot of kids. I want to know because I would like to make an add on of the story.