1. The activities that increased my heart rate the most were doing squats, sit - ups, and running in place. I predicted from the start that these would get my heart rate up the most because I did my activities in where I thought I would get the least amount of beats per minute to the greatest amount of beats per minute.
2. The activities that increased my heart rate the least where resting, sitting, and standing. (The same explanation for 1.)
3. I got five out of six correct. I never new that doing sit - ups produces more beats per minute than running in place!
4. I noticed that resting sitting, standing, and doing squats only made my heart rate went up a little each time but then when I did sit - ups, it my heart rate went up by 48!
5. I think my heart rate changed when I was more active because you are using up more oxygen when active so you heart needs to pump blood to get oxygen through the body. My inference is that
when active, your body needs nutrients, oxygen, and blood. So your heart needs to beat faster to get enough of these materials into certain parts in your body.
Reflection Paragraph: This was a really fun and interesting activity project. The best thing about this project was looking at your results. I was really surprised that sit -ups cause more heart beats per minute than running in place.I am guessing that I didn't count right or something because I was more out of breath from running in place than doing sit - ups. My least favorite part of the project was trying to count your heart beats in classroom. It wasn't that bad but people were talking way to much and it was hard to hear the beats. Overall this project was really fun and I hope to do something like this again.
Paragraph: This project was painful and fun. I think it is painful because your working two muscles 30 seconds 10 times, does that not sound painful to you? I thought it was fun because we got to realize what our muscles do overtime from getting tired and everybody was laughing at each others faces because it hurt so much. My favorite part about the project was realizing what muscles do overtime when they are fatigue. Me least favorite part about the project is having to do it 10 times! After each trial, your fingers would get more numb and fatigue. Overall this project was really fun and I loved that we got to learn what muscles do overtime when they are fatigue.