Stop and Jots
- I think Henry is brave for moving into a house that has been vacant for 7 years. I would be nervous because maybe something went wrong which is the reason it was empty.
- I wouldn't really care about other people's remarks about my house. I would know that this house was the house I wanted, so it couldn't be too bad.
- Again and again signpost - "That place is a disgrace!" I think the neighbors are more sophisticated because they keep talking rudely about Henry's house. They have nicer houses and think Henry's house is like the reject of all of the houses.
- I think Henry doesn't really care about how the neighbors talk about his house and how he needs to clean it up so the neighborhood looks better.
- He seems weird and obsessed with reading and birds to the neighbors. He is ignoring the neighbors telling him to take better care of his house. I think he is doing the right thing.
- I think Henry is kind of rude and just obsessed with his birds and books because his neighbors baked him a pie and he yelled at them and left them standing in the doorway.
- Words of the wiser - The mayor says to try to be nice to Henry.
- Three men said that they would shovel his driveway and he said no.
- I think he is stubborn because he says he wants to be different and messy and is fed up with the neighbors trying to help him. His lifestyle is just different.
- I think Henry is suddenly embarrassed about his house because he just left his house.
- A year later, the neighbors seem like they are missing Henry. He probably just got annoyed with the neighbors telling him what to do.
- Aha Moment - Maybe the neighbors needed to do something better about Henry's house.
- The neighbors are always trying to make people like them, and they notice they should let people be different from them.
- Henry was missing the neighbors, which was unexpected. He wrote to the mayor asking; if he takes care of his house, will his neighbors appreciate him more?
Questions and answers
2. I AM OBSESSED WITH SCI-FI/FANTASY!!! I am not sure why I like it so much, but I read it a lot.
3. Some of my favorite books are: The Hobbit, Harry Potter series, The Hunger Games series, Divergent series, and my all-time favorite book is The Giver by Lois Lowry.
4. I normally read the back of the book, and if I like it, I read it.
5. It takes about a week to read a longer book for me, and a shorter book takes about 3 or 4 days with 30 minute periods of reading.