- The Cherokees were important allies to the Native Americans.
- Fort Loudoun is now in Tennessee and the Cherokee used it to trade goods.
- in 1758, the English start to get in position and gain back their lost land after a lot of failure.
- however, the English were moving very slow while trying to raid Fort Loudoun.
- Since the English were moving so slow, the Cherokee started to go home.
- The Cherokee leader started to go home but was arrested. He was eventually let go.
- (Mr. Akin is dressed in red English uniform)
- August 8 of 1760, the Cherokee are out of gunpowder, so they raided the English fort and find that the gunpowder is hidden.
- The Cherokee are fighting the English and are tired and have nothing so they end the war
The regular soldiers are not constantly in the military so they sometimes fall behind in skill. Mr. Akin's uniform is made of 14 pounds of wool. The red coat was worn constantly no matter how hot. There are no left or right shoes. There are about 6 levels of clothes. The Muskets that the soldiers would use are not extremely long distance and are not easy to reload. just in case it takes too long to reload, there are swords at the ends of the guns. There was lots of hand to hand combat in this war. Fort Loudoun was about 1.5 acres in size. There was a nearby Cherokee village by the fort. One good thing about Skyping Mr. Akin was that we learned things we wouldn't learn in regular history class.