1. Breathing through straws represented having some kind of breathing disorder, like bronchitis
2. To show how hard it is for these people to live with diseases like this, and to show what it feels like to have minimal oxygen levels in your body
3. Because I didn't have a steady oxygen stream going through my body.
4. Certain conditions, or lots of exercise at once can limit the air going into your body... or breathing through straws
5. I probably wouldn't be able to maintain a habit of continuous vigorous exercise, or do things that especially limit the air going into my body