Persuade. The author wants you to do something or think something.
Inform. The author wants you to know something.
Entertain. The author wants you to have fun and enjoy the book
Stop and Jots
- I think that Hawk won't be ale to survive because he won't be able to eat his prey because the arrow will stop him from reaching the food.
- Now that his leg is broken I think that Hawk will start hunting birds.
- I wonder where Hawk is going in the box. Maybe he will find a way to escape.
- I don't think that the people who captured hawk will kill him but I think that they will actually help him.
- Maybe they will try to train him to do their bidding.
A hawk tries to survive even though he has a big wound.
Type of nonfiction:
Point of view:
Information the author really wants us to know
- The resilience of a hawk even if it was injured.
- Should humans interfere with nature? How do we help animals that are injured because of us
So what's the point?
- Summarize - What message does the author really want us to take away from the text, or what was the author's purpose in writing this text?