- It is only a third of the size of earth
- Some of it's volcanoes are as big as the state of Missouri
- It's gravity is less than half of that on Earth.
- It's so cold that all of it's water is locked up in the polar ice caps or frozen beneath the surface.
- A meteor was found that came from Mars and it had minerals that can only form in water as well as things that could have been made by bacteria
- Scientists tested rocks to see if there was life on Mars and three out of the four tests came up positive but the last one, and most important, was negative.
- Ancient river channels showed that once Mars had water everywhere not just in the ice caps
- Most of the fuel was in first stage rocket to be fired as soon as they leave Earth's orbit.
- They will send a rocket to Mars before the real deal to get fuel for the return trip.
- On the way out of orbit they will transfer to a bigger ship for more leg room.
- They are growing plants 10-20% as dense as they are on Earth.
- The color of light could effect how the plant grows.
- The greatest risk might be the weightlessness because the weightlessness lets your muscles relax because they aren't competing against gravity.
- They are experimenting with laying down treadmill.
- Sometimes they would fight or get mad at each other.
- Nearing the surface of Mars the speed would go down and the Gs would go up.
- First priority was to check and make sure that return ship was still functionable.