Readers of nonfiction determine the writer's purpose for writing a text. We will consider how identifying an author's purpose helps them learn about a topic.
Stop and Jots:
- How a harsh life could be for a hawk.
- How a hawk eats and what they eat.
- That humans should Interact with animals to help him survive.
- Summarize - What message does the author really want us to take away from the text, or what was the author's purpose in writing this text?
- Her main purpose for writing this text was that animals are a part of life so humans should at least help them if they get hurt. Like for instance, extinction happens when humans do not help animals with their life so humans SHOULD help them.