Organisms That We Saw Outside:
What Do Plants Need To Survive?:
Animals and Insects:
Shelter and Warmth
They need some carbon dioxide
Sunlight, Nitrogen, Potassium, and Phosphorus
Where Do Plants Get What They Need:
- Animals and Plants get carbon dioxide and oxygen come from the air
- Plants draw water from there roots from the soil that they are in
- Animals get there water from ponds, lakes, rivers, puddles
- Carnivores get there food from other animals
- Herbivores get there food from plants
- Omnivore get there food from animals and plants
- Plants don't want to get shelter they need sunlight so they need to be in the open
- Animals and Plants get sleep from resting
- Plants get there sunlight from any kind of light
Where Do We Get Our Energy From?:
- We get our energy from food It gives us the energy to do things that we do everyday.
Food gives us matter to let us grow and energy to help us move.
On the human food label:
On the pet food label:
Answer the following questions while analyzing the Nutrition Labels:
1. You can find the calories per serving by looking under the amount per serving. The amount of energy that you get from your food is how many calories there are in the food.
2. You can find the matter under the calories where the % daily values are listed.
3. You can find the list of ingredients under the list of nutrition facts.
1. You can locate the list of ingredients by looking at the top of the label unlike most human labels where the ingredients are typically found at the bottom of the label.
2. Under the ingredients of the percentages of matter are listed in order of what the foods contains the most of to what it contains the least of.
3. Potassium came from plants because that is one of the elements that plants need to survive.
4. Some similarities that a saw between the two food labels were that they both state the ingredients that is inside the food. They both say the nutrition facts. Some differences that I saw were that the human label looks much different then the pet label. The pet label has more elements that are stated then the human label.
5. I am choosing the Squirrel. I think that squirrels eat nuts and insects and what ever they can find. Mostly they eat acorns. I think that squirrels get there food from the trees because acorns grow in the trees and squirrels can climb trees. I also think that it gets it food from the ground where small insects live and from inside trees where other insects also live.