1. What was the most surprising thing you learned about energy during this entire unit? Why was it surprising?
2. What was your favorite part of this energy unit? Why was it your favorite?
3. Where is energy found?
4. How would you define energy?
1. The most surprising thing that I learned this entire unit was that all the 9 different kinds of energy. It was surprising because I never knew that their was so many kinds of energy around us.
2. My favorite part of the energy unit was the part when we had partners and went around the classroom doing the energy transforms for different items. It was my favorite because it was really fun and I enjoyed it a lot.
3. Energy is found all around us! Everywhere!
4. I would define energy by saying "the ability to do work." When we eat, our bodies transform the energy stored in the food into energy to do work. When we run or walk, we burn food energy in our bodies. When we think, read or write, we are also doing work. Many times it's really hard work! Energy causes things to happen around us like when a car drives by, it is being powered by gasoline, a type of stored energy. The food we eat contains energy. We use that energy to work and play.
Rube Goldberg had a nice life spending time with his granddaughter. She didn't even have any interest with what Rube did. Jeniffer at the museum just read and then wrote and the read and then wrote and she did this for about a week. She took about one weekend to write her essay! Other authors took more than that! She didn't really pay much attention to Rube and what he was doing. She drew with him. Most of her life Jeniffer was a fashion designer. She liked spending time with Rube because he was funny. In his den he had a lot of cartoons hanging on the wall but they were really big writings. Her dad wanted to keep the thing that Rube was doing. She didn't really want to choose doing all this stuff that Rube did. Rube's work was popular because cartoonists are really popular 100 years ago but now it is such a different world here. It was like magic back then! Her family was really artistically. She sees it differently by having a deeper awareness. Rube Goldberg's inventions are popular because when you have a good invention, it goes viral! Rube Goldberg did over complicated a lot of stuff! He was always on time, he smoked,and he had to be the center of attention. He started by the dumb assignment that his science teacher gave him in college and he spent at least a year and a half.