· Skin is a deep maroon color with golden flecks
· Surrounding the pit is a green circle
· Sticky and wet
· Brown stains on the outer edge
· Heart shaped
· Soggy edges
· Stem in the middle
· Inside oxidizing over time
· Stem in the middle pokes out in the pit and has little hairs
· Small almond shaped seeds poke out in the center
· Juice squirts out when it is squeezed
· Juice also squirts out when you poke the skin
· Mushy interior
1. Why were you able to observe so many things about your apple today?
2. Why is observation and description so important in science?
3. Rank order the five senses in the order or your observations (i.e. which sense was used most, second most, etc
1. I was able to observe so many things because I could use 4 of the 5 senses. Senses like sight and feel were easy and had a lot of details.
2. It is important so that you could have more information on what you need to observe. It could also help you because if you can describe it good, you can describe it to someone else.
3. Sight, Touch, Smell, Hear, Taste.