- 1500 active volcanoes.
- Harness thermal activity to use for our needs.
- Japan volcano went off without notice. Not normal.
- Yellow stone was a volcano
- Magma gets pushed up and when it goes to top its lava.
- Mount Saint Helen is in Washington. Normal volcano.
- Yellowstone is super volcano
- Magma chambers can be in crust or mantle
- Yellowstone magma chamber is twice as big as we thought.
- Hot spot like in Iceland. Yellow stone to.
- Snow and rain go down get heated and go up again.
- Pacific ring of fire is where most volcanoes go off.
- Pacific plate goes under continental
- Collision can cause earthquakes volcanic activities and mountains
- Earthquake could make landslide on volcano
- They could fill up in a day 60,000 that afternoon
- Mount Savouse was Pompeii mountain. Super volcano.
- A ash cloud can stop air traffic.
- Obsidian came out as lava cool very fast and turned into obsidian.
- Basalt is on the moon and softer.
- Holes in rock made by hot gasses escaping while flying in the air. It was lava.
- Granite came from a volcano and came from 2 and a half billion years ago.
- Hot springs can be 200 degrees and other things.
- Underwater volcanoes make islands.
I will tell about each reenactment in some detail.
He was a militia agent and showed us what the militia would carry. He said that they would carry a tomahawk which you didn't throw. Also you would carry to 3 to 4 knives of different purposes. Big and small. They carried short swords mostly the officers. British Ga-goons or pistols. Lots of them because they weren't easy to load. A vessel to cook food and drinks. It was copper with tin lining to keep food from poisoning. They also held a rifle and a journal.
Joseph was a fur trader. He traded with Indians to get fur. Each fur weighed about 1 pound. One standard fur pack was 90 pounds. Beaver hide is the best for it is good for hats. He wore sash so his guts didn't get tangled. He was a patriot.
Catherine was a house wife and Leon was a linen merchant. They are patriots for it would be bad for business if not because the patriots wouldn't want to buy. Boys and girls wore the same thing until they were potty trained. Then the boys would go to there father and the girl would be like other girls. The boys would wear dresses with laces on the back were the parents could hold on to them to keep them from wondering.
She was a weaver or spinner. at age 2 to 3 you were given a top. Once you figured out how to use it you would have to make your own socks. Spinning wheels were expensive. Short fibers are itchy. If wool is itchy it can depend on bread, how it was cleaned, and if they used chemicals.
She is a innkeeper. She has a inn that is 2 story's high with the rooms on the second floor. On the first there is a place for the women, a kitchen and the tavern or pub. She has wooden shoes for when it is wet. She has a clan pin for the family Maclean. She listens for criminals so she can tell the town fathers.
Captain Peter Smith
Colonial militia head of scout's. Looks for scouts. To be a scout you need to have these three things known. "Who did you see." Where did you see." "When did you see." He said most revolution don't succeed. A rifle bag carries patches, replacement flint and a screwdriver. A personal bag would food maybe socks, and maybe sunglasses. They carried a blanket for sleeping and hiding.
Captain parks measured land. He was called a Land Surveyor. The French Paid him to see what was going on with the Native Americans. Then the Spanish took over that job so Parks was getting paid to listen for the Spanish. He had a big compass and a metal pole with a circle at the top and a red flag. It showed were he had measured.
Charles W. Walker
Walker was a Land Agent, so he sold land. He didn't care about the Loyalist and the Patriots he just cared if they would buy land or not. He said land speculators commit frauds and land agents make legal deal from Virginia. They are well known and respected.
Marry was the Head of Indian affairs. Like the president.They would trap to trade. The woman brought the food in. The men would kill the animal and the women would go and get it. If a man brought food in they would have to give it all away.
Zeb was a carpenter. He said he had 220 acres of land. He cant cut down white pine for the King needs it for the navy. He gets taxed for every tree cut down. He made barrels made of shaped boards. He hated the king and was a patriot.
Why Every one Should Have A Historical Reenactment.
Everyone should have a historical reenactment because it shows what it would be like in there time. It is how they thought of the king and what they did. If they cared who won or if they anted someone destroyed.