1. I am looking forward to meeting Zeb the carpenter because I think a carpenter would be a cool job and require skill. I also think it is cool how he just moved away and started his own business when he didn't like were he lived.
2. I also want to meet Christine MacLean the innkeeper because she probably knows a lot from all of the people going in and out of the inn. I think that would be a cool job because you would get to meet so many people and hear all about what was happening all throughout the colonies.
- Christine McLean was the innkeeper. One interesting fact that she taught us was that the innkeepers were supposed to report illegals before they did something bad. They would be fined if they didn't and that surprised me because sometimes they wouldn't talk around her and then she would get in trouble even though she had no way of knowing.
- Peter Smith was the frontiersman. One interesting fact we learned was that frontiersman usually lived 8-12 hours away from any village or settlement. I thought that was unusual because if he needed something he would spend his whole day walking to town and by then it would be late and he would have to spend the night and spend pretty much all of his next day walking also.
- Private Rowland Soule was a British soldier. One interesting fact we learned was that they had to hold their cups upside down to show that they weren't saving liquor to get drunk later. It is odd why they would make them do this procedure when they could just whip them if they did get drunk.
- Ida was the toy maker. One interesting fact we learned from her was that sometimes the children's fathers would take the children's marbles when they went hunting and use them as bullets to shoot small animals because bullets were hard to come by and expensive.
- Zebadiah was a carpenter. One interesting fact that he taught us was that the phrase to and fro came from a type of knife called the fro knife which after you hit it with the fro mallet you have to move it back and forth, or to and fro.
- Charles W. Walker was the head of the militia. The most interesting fact was that after you shot someone with your musket and it didn't kill them you would step on their chest and crush their skull with the end of your musket.
- Joseph O' Fallon was a trapper and trader. One interesting fact was that a beaver skin in good condition was worth a teachers salary for a year. This surprised me because wouldn't everyone want to do this and then wouldn't everyone become rich? If I lived in that time I know I would want to be a trapper or a trader because a beaver skin could feed your family for a year.
- Kathrine duBois was a clothing maker. One interesting fact was that they had to wear stays to make their backs stays and improve their posture.
- Janette was the spinner. One interesting fact she taught us was that they had to send the cloth to Britain to process it and they would get taxed sending it receiving it and buying it. I thought that it was odd because all Britain was doing is charging the colonists to ship the cloth for no reason.
- Captain John Park was the surveyor. One interesting fact he taught us was that they used a measurement system chains and links. It was very confusing and also it seemed very time consuming you had to find the links in a chains and the chains in a acre. They should make a different system.