- I think this must have been in Europe a long time ago like early 1930s.
- Jessie went to school with the boys.
- Jessie and her grandmother made lace and sold them for a few coins.
- Jessie tried to teach her grandmother to read and write.
- Jessie is making her grandmother read and write and her grandmother made her learn to sew.
- The Rabi was Jessie's teacher
- Jessie is Jewish
- The Rabi's relative died and he got a ticket to America so he had to give it away. I would be excited and hopeful if I were Jessie because she could get to go to America.
- Everyone wanted to go to America but he was disappointed because everyone was bragging about how great they were and how they should go to America.
- The Rabi decided that Jessie will go to America and help Kay Rabi's relatives widow to help her with her sewing.
- I would be nervous and excited to go to America it would be scary but awesome.
- Jessie brought the wedding band case bit gave grandmother the wedding ring. I think Jessie wanted grandmother to remember her.
- Words of the Wiser - Grandmother said " America! Good things await you there."
- I would be a mess if I were Jessie I would be crying and I would feel terrible.
- The fourth day it was nice out and everyone was happy. Jessie sewed many people by sewing them clothes to pass time she sewed and helped.
- A boy Lou also helped people he made shoes him and Jessie walked and ate and watched the sunset.
- They all stared in awe at the statue of liberty. Jessie was wishing her grandmother was with her I would be really sad.
- I would be nervous about getting checked and asked questions.
- Jessie is wondering where Lou is and she is upset because she wanted to say goodbye but she forgot.
- I wonder if grandmother will have to bring the letter to the Rabi and have him read it.
- Word of the Wiser - Grandmother taught Jessie to save her money so she would be able to buy stuff.
- Jessie made dresses and everyone lined up to buy them.
- Jessie is starting school. I would struggle and I don't think I would continue on.
- Jessie saw Lou again and they kept meeting up.
- I think Lou might start selling his stuff at the dress shop.
- Lou and Jessie might start dating or get married soon.
- Lou proposed and Jessie said soon. I wonder what she is doing.
- Jessie did extra work to buy a ticket to send to her grandmother to have her come to the wedding.
- Grandmother brought her moms wedding ring to America.
- Jessie gave grandmother the ring as a reminder that she couldn't die before Jessie got the ring.
1. I loved this book my favorite part was when Jessie waited for her grandmother to come before she had the wedding. I didn't dislike anything in the book I loved it all.
2. I like historical fiction because it is good to have a book that seems like real life because I don't like flying unicorns and rainbows. The only thing I don't like about historical fiction is sometimes all of it sounds the same.
3. I was still wondering about the wedding and if Jessie would wear her own wedding dress that she had been making.