- Students sick/absent for 1-2 days can collect homework from classroom teacher upon arrival from absence.
- Students sick/absent for 3 or more days can arrange with classroom teacher to pick up homework from main office.
- Parents requesting work due to vacations: We strongly encourage parents to plan vacation periods at a time other than when school is in session. It is extremely difficult for a student to make up missed work over an extended period because of the sequential teaching and learning processes. Parents who find they must take their child from school for an extended absence are requested to discuss the matter with principal in advance of the date of the absence. Teachers are not required to provide schoolwork ahead of time for vacations. Schoolwork should be handed in (3) days after returning from the vacation or per the final agreement established between teacher and student’s parent.
- At Westgate School, we value a strong partnership between home and school. Twice a year, once in October and once in March, time is provided for Parent-Teacher Conferences. Parent-Teacher Conferences are a valuable time to share information and discuss the progress of our students. Parents will be able to sign up for Parent-Teacher Conferences online, using http://www.signupgenius.com. Parents will be provided links to begin signing up for conferences on Monday March 11th, at 10 AM. The window for signing up for fall conferences will be Monday, 3/11/19 at 10 AM through Monday, 3/18/19 at 12 PM.
- The conferences are scheduled in 20-minute increments. In order to be fair and equitable to all our Westgate families, each family may sign up for only one evening conference each year. Families can choose to either sign up for an evening conference in the fall or the spring, not both.
- Here is the link to our classroom sign-up: www.signupgenius.com/go/60b094aacae23aaf49-spring53
Order your child's yearbook today! Available for $15 each through pre-order only through March 22nd.