- China has the biggest population, over 1,300,000,000. India is the next one.
- If there were 100 people in a village on person would represent 70,500,000.
- There would be 60 people from Asia, 15 from Africa, 11 Europe, 8 South America, Central America (including Mexico), 5 from Canada and United States, 1 from Oceania.
- There are almost 6,000 languages.
- 50% of the population speaks 8 languages and 50% of the population speak under 8 languages.
- In the global village 16 speak Mandarin, 9 Hindi, 9 English, 7 Spanish, 4 Bengali, 4 Arabic, 3 Portuguese, and 3 speak Russian.
- In the global village 9 are under 5, 10 between 5 and 9, 18 between 10 and 19, 17 are between 20 and 29, 15 are between 30 and 39, 12 are between 40 and 49, 9 are between 50 and 59, 6 are between 60 and 69, 3 are between 70 and 79, and 1 is over 79.
- Every decade 12% of the population will grow
- Many countries are getting smaller because they are getting older.
- In the global village 33 are Christians, 22 are Muslims, 15 are non-religious or atheist, 14 are Hindus, 9 practice Shamanism, animism, and other folk religions, 5 are Buddhists, 2 belong to other global religions such as Judaism, Confucianism, Shintoism, Sikhism, Jainism or the Baha'i faith.
- In the village there would be 31 sheep and goats, 23 cows, bulls and oxen, 15 pigs, 3 camels, 2 horses, 700 chickens (wow).
- 30 people in the village do not have a reliable source of food and are hungry some all of the time. 17 people are severely undernourished and are always hungry. So 47 people in the village do note have food security. 53 people in the village are food secure.
- 87 villagers have a safe source of water near their home or from their tap, though 13 do not and must spend a large part of each day. Most of the collecting water is done by women and girls.
- 62 of the villagers have access to adequate sanitation. While 38 do not and are risk for diseases. Almost half of the world does not have clean sanitation. 68 people breath clean, while 32 breathe air that is unhealthy because of pollution.
- Only 36 kids are 5-24. But only those 30 of them go to school. One teacher for 30. The 6 other kids have to go to a job or stay at home and work. Children also might serve in the military.
- 14 people cannot read or write. Still male have more instances then female.
- 63 adults can work but 6 people can't work or can't find it. There are also 6 people that are retired.
- If we all split the money each person would get $10,300 USD per year.
- In the village, 10 people have 85% of the world's wealth. Each of these 10 have more than $87,500 per year. If you take the poorest 10 have an average of about $6 USD per day. The other 80 people are in the middle of this.
- 50% people of the world make $6 USD per day.
- In the possession of the village there are 50 radios, 45 televisions, 103 telephones (more than 86 are cell phones), 28 computers. There are also 2 trucks, 10 automobiles, and 20 bicycles.
- 76 people have electricity and 24 do not. Of those 76 who have electricity most use it only for light at night. But some of the villagers have other electricity needs. They need energy to manufacture and transport goods.
- In 1850 the average life was to 38. By 1900 the life expectancy was 47. Today a newborn can expect to live to 68. Some of the villagers would live longer lives and some would live sort lives. Merelia is a big, and bad disease. 6% of the world gets Merelia every year. 80 people in the village have received vaccinations.
- Around the year 2150, there will be 250 people in the village. Many experts think that 250 is the maximum number of people the village can sustain. There might be shortages of food, shelter, and other resources.
After seeing how bad some people live and how spoiled people live I was very surprised. So the US is a spoiled country. All most every person in America has some where to live, clean water, and some where to get a meal everyday from. Some countrys you have to live in an apartment that you share with 6-10 people with. Imagine living in there! A lot of people that dot have a good and safe water and food supply usually have Merelia. Most people in the world (other from America) usually have possessions that are cheap. Another thing is that a lot of kids and adults don't get the right education, don't get enough education, or don't get any education and have to work for their family. I also learned that there are over 6,000 languages on Earth. That is a lot of languages. Another thing that I learned is that most people on Earth are Christians, though Muslim is still a very big religion.