1. A tessellation is a shape that repeats up,down,left,and right. It can't have gaps or overlaps.
2. I had a hard time making them out of pattern blocks. Because it got big and I had to take it apart and put it together a lot.
3. My pattern block tessellation is a tessellation because it goes up,down,left,and right.
Conductors of Heat
I was absent for the whole thing!
Schoolwide Reading Non-Ficton Lesson 2
Schoolwide Non-Fiction - Lesson 1
Rectangles vs parallelagram
Schoolwide reading lesson 8
1. Stop and jots are not notes.
2.Stop and jots are thoughts that you have wile reading.
3.These thoughts can be any kind of lit circle discussion or any tyipe of thought that you might not share.
Stop & Jots
More Stop and Jots
1. We saw the innkeeper first. Her name was Christine Macklean. One interesting fact was that people who didn't have enough money would sleep with men that they didn't know. She had to take in people who didn't have a place to stay. Most of the people that stayed their payed her.
2. The second person we saw was the frontiersman. His name was Peter Smith. One interesting fact about him was he lived 10 hours from any settlement and 2 hours from any neighbor. It must have been hard to live so far away.
3. The third station was the Surveyor. His name was Captain John Ira Parke. One interesting fact was he taught an easier way of measuring with chains instead of feet 50 chains equals 33 feet. He measured plots of land.
4.The fourth station we went to was the British Grenadier. His name was Private Rowland Soule, 1st Royal Regt, 2nd Battalion Scout in the Northwest Territory. One interesting fact about him is he sawed us how to use a gun. They used guns for fighting in the war and for killing animals for food.
5. The fifth station we went to was the toy maker her name was Ida. One interesting fact about her is that Zebadith carved his toys. She showed us what kids toys were like. One interesting toy is the mini bowling game. Most of her games were made of wood.
6. The sixth person is Zebadith he is a carpenter. One interesting fact about him is he carved his own tool handles. He had many different tools to cut wood.
7.The seventh person we visited was the Militia. His name was Charles W.Walker. One interesting fact about him is he wouldn't rely on weapons for example he would use a lot of hand to hand combat.
8. The eighth person we went to was the trapper. He is Joseph O'Fallen. One interesting fact we learned was one pack of fur cost the amount of a teachers salary. When he trapped the animals he would skim the fur. He would trade the skins for money or supplies.
9. The ninth person we saw was the 18th Century Clothing maker her name was Leon duBois & Catherine. One interesting fact was that kids from when they are born, to when they are potty trained, wear stays that keep their shoulders from shrugging.
10. The tenth person we saw was the spinner her name was Janette Lundahl. one interesting fact we learned was she was adopted the family took care of her as they were her real parents.
Summery of are time at the historical reenactment
Are time at the historical reenactment was a learning experience. We got to find out facts that we would have never known. We also got to see what kind of places they lived in. Some of the stations we got to see what things they used. We also got to see what kinds of food they eat. I got to see how they lived not how we live. It was a very fun time.
Schoolwide reading lesson 7
STOP & JOTS
Schoolwide reading lesson 6
Stop & Jot
Skype with Jennifer George!
I was absent for the rest of the skype!
Click to set custom HTML
Write something about yourself. No need to be fancy, just an overview.