- That I use lots of dialogue in my story and manage to keep it balanced between words and dialogue.
- That I keep the reader interested in my piece by using simalies and metaphors.
- That I have good introductions to make the reader want to keep reading.
Some of my GROWS so far this year in writing include:
- That I sometimes have run-on sentences or wrong punctuation.
- That I need to work on my conclusions in my writing pieces.
- That sometimes I forget when to start a new paragraph.
- I learned that it took WriteSteps 6 or 10 years (I forgot which one).
- I learned how the company started.
- I learned that they use actual kids writing pieces for examples in their lessons.
My contribution to the discussion:
- When Mrs. Van Raden asked us what some of our glows are I told her one of my glows in one of my writing pieces.