Here are the lesson plans: psolarz.weebly.com/energy.html
Go to this website: http://sd25.sciencecompanionprime.com
Sign in: d25Name0000 (Your version of this.)
Password: sd25 _ _ _ _
Energy - Lesson 9
More information to come...
Energy - Lesson 8
Rube Goldberg Project
Everyone needs to watch this one! :)
Focusing on Perseverance: "If at first you don't succeed, try try try try try try try try again!"
Homemade Chain Reactions:
(1) Take a picture of your graphic organizer and a picture of your drawing and place them side by side in an ePortfolio entry. Crop each photo in iPhoto so they look nice.
(2) Click on the "Lightbox" on each image so people can see them bigger.
(3) Describe what your Rube Goldberg invention does in the caption for the drawing.
(4) Copy and paste this caption for the graphic organizer: "The numbers in this graphic organizer connect to the numbers in the drawing on the left."
(5) Write a reflection at the bottom of the page answering the questions listed below.
1. What was the most surprising thing you learned about energy during this entire unit? Why was it surprising?
2. What was your favorite part of this energy unit? Why was it your favorite?
3. Where is energy found?
4. How would you define energy?
5. If you have time, check out the other Rube Goldberg inventions online. Compare and contrast them to yours. What do you like better? What ideas can you take from theirs?
Graphic Organizer file:
Links for this lesson:
To be viewed after the project is over:
Energy - Lesson 7
Create the following blog entry (copy off of mine). I do a lot at first, but I start to leave blanks for you to do!
Energy - Lesson 6
Embed the line graph from your insulated bottle experiment.
Embed the data chart from your insulated bottle experiment.
Answer the following reflection/synthesis questions:
Energy - Lesson 5
Conductors of Heat - Butter
Before anything else, explain what the activity was and tell us your predictions.
- Which rod(s) do you think will be the best conductor and why?
- Which rod(s) do you think will be the worst conductor and why?
Place a slide show of pictures from the butter experiment at the top of this blog entry.
Grab the graph from this blog post once it's been uploaded and put it in as an image in your blog post.
Answer the following reflection/synthesis questions at the end:
Transferring Heat Energy
Energy - Lesson 4: Transferring Heat Energy from Warm to Cold Water
Lesson 3 - Energy Transfers
Lesson 2: "Eight Forms of Energy"
Energy Card Sort: Sort the cards into as many piles as you'd like, but have a title for each column, just like in Words their Way! Get approved when ready. I'll give hints every 5-10 minutes to help!
Create your Energy Wheel:
Create your Blog Post:
Reflection & Synthesis Questions:
All blog posts should be complete within one week of it being assigned (check the date of this blog post to see when it was assigned).
Energy - Lesson 1
Energy in Action vs. Stored Energy
Write something about yourself. No need to be fancy, just an overview.