Conductors of Heat - Butter
Before anything else, explain what the activity was and tell us your predictions.
- Which rod(s) do you think will be the best conductor and why?
- Which rod(s) do you think will be the worst conductor and why?
- Drag in an "Embed Code."
- Go to this site: https://www.thinglink.com/scene/439820258845392896#tlsite
- Click on "Share." And copy the Embed Code.
- Paste it into your Embed Code on your blog.
Place a slide show of pictures from the butter experiment at the top of this blog entry.
Grab the graph from this blog post once it's been uploaded and put it in as an image in your blog post.
Answer the following reflection/synthesis questions at the end:
- How did heat energy transfer to the butter in this experiment?
- What connections can you make between this experiment and yesterday's experiment? "Both today's experiment and yesterday's experiment... The main differences were..."
- How did your results compare to your predictions?
- Which of the tested materials were the two best conductors? What is your evidence?
- Which of the tested materials were the two worst conductors? What is your evidence?
- Do you think water is a good or poor conductor? Why? Can you think of any evidence to support your answer?
- Why do you think it matters which material is a good or bad conductor? How do we use conductors in our life?