Our solution to this problem will be: We have found 3 solutions that could help us survive from the high radiation on mars. Here are our 3 solutions: We could make a dome that will be radiation free so when radiation strikes we can go in and hide there. It will be about the size of our classroom which is about 35' by 25'. It will be supplied with enough food, water, warmth and cooling, and something to keep us from not getting bored for at least 2 weeks or more. When the month turns to April, we will all have to be very careful of the radiation because it strikes very high in that month. We also have to watch out for galactic cosmic rays and solar energetic particles because that is what causes the high radiation to strike.
- the emission of energy as electromagnetic waves or as moving subatomic particles, especially high-energy particles that cause ionization.
- NASA put a rover on Mars and the rover said that it could see radiation from 2 sources: galactic cosmic rays and solar energetic particles.
- When NASA put the rover on Mars, after just ten months the radiation striked really high, up to 260 dose rates.
- The radiation strikes at different times so we need to make something that knows when the radiation is about the strike.
- We will make a whole dome that is radiation free.
- Make a small chamber for when radiation strikes.
- We can make a machine type thing so that it can sense when radiation is about to hit us