- Focus on your strengths and superpowers
- Kids have their own strengths and superpowers
- A counselor needs to know empathy
- They also need to understand the kids
- Put yourself in the others shoes
- The counselor needs to be patient and calm
- You have to go slow with the kids
- Let the kid figure out how to fix there problem
- Let the kid struggle to find out the answer
- Don't give the kids the answer let them figure it out
- Be kind
- Find your strengths and your weaknesses
- Find your super hero and mine is my parents and my teachers
- My parents because in Basketball my dad is always pushing me to the next level. My mom because she believes I can do better and knows I can do better! My dog because she is always there when I need her. So I can talk to her and she doesn't talk back she just listens and loves.
- I can sometimes be a superhero to my classmates and I can help them do things and learn if they don't understand something that Mr. Solarz says I can do a Give me 5 and explain it.
- Try and connect with the people you are talking with
- Comparison is the thief of joy
| || |
1. My superheros are my Dad because he helps me get better at Basketball and he pushes me forward even if I am tired he believes that I can go forward and do more, and work harder. My Mom because she helps me and teaches me to do things and pushes me forward and knows I can do more. Also my dog because she is always there and I can talk to her, she doesn't talk back she just listens and loves me.
2. I am my classmates superheros because when they don't get something or they weren't here for something I always try and help them catch them up as fast as I can but also the best as I can so they can be were the class is.
3. My superpower is helping people and being truthful and joyful. If someone is sad I try and help them feel better I also lead people.
4. I use this superpower when someone is sad or mad and when someone asks me something I am usually truthful to them unless there is something they want to know that would maybe worry them or make them feel bad.
5. Things that weaken me is when I mess up during a basketball game and when I mess up during class and Mr. Solarz says whoop you messed up by I am not mad. I know he isn't mad but I worry that this made a bad difference. I think that he is a little mad at me and I feel this way but I know he isn't.
6. I will make sure they will leave happy by helping them figure out what they are mad or happy at. I will let them talk and make sure they can trust me and know I will listen. I will connect with them and let them know that they are a superhero of someone else and other people are looking up to them and let them know that they are special and awesome!