· Apple observations:
· Soggy on the inside
· Gooey around the core
· Smells like my mom’s perfume
· Slime colored
· Dark red on the top of the apple but starts to fade.
· Textured on the sin and inside
· Little yellow dots on the skin
· Seeds in the middle
· Watery in the inside
· The apple is causing the toothpick to turn pink.
· Bubbles come squirting out of apple when I poke it.
· White seed when you open it.
| || |
1. At first, I observed the obvious seeds in the apple. I was able to do this because the Apple was cut in half which made it easy for me to observe it.
2. Observation and description are probably the most important thing in science. You need to know these things to know what you are doing and why is it that what ever you are doing is happening.
3. The first sense that was happening in my observations was my eye sight sense. I used this the most because I was observing with my eyes. The second sense that I used the most was the touch sense because I was also using my touch sense to observe the apple and even hold it. The third sense that I used the most was the sense of smell. I used the sense of smell to see if the apple smelled fresh or old and mine was a bit old. The fourth sense that I used the most was the sense of hearing. I didn't use my hearing skills as much but I did hear the squirting of juice coming from the apple and the prickling of the tooth pick poking into the apple. The fifth sense that I used the most was the taste sense. I did not use my taste sense in this school activity but I can make a visual that the apple tasted hard and juicy.