| || |
1. Yes it did change. The meat tenderizer broke the gelatin down and was making it into liquid and it leaked through the filter.
2. The enzyme powder did cause the change in cup 1. If you sterd the gelatin in cup 2 it was squishy. In cup one there was liquid at the bottom and the gelatin was soft.
3. There was no change in cup 2 because it had nothing breaking down the gelatin. The difference was That cube one was liquidy because the enzyme powder was breaking it down. Cup 2 was all squishy and nothing went through the filter because it had nothing to break it down.
4. I think the metaphor for bloodstream was the jello and I think in cup 1 was when the nutrients reached the bloodstream.
5. I think it is important that the food that we eat gets digested. If we don't digest our food we cant get nutrients that our muscles need.
6. Food is digested when food is enter through the mouth and chopped in smaller pieces by teeth. Our saliva helps with chemical digestion. Our tongue forms it into a ball. And then it goes to the esophagus and down to your stomach. The stomach churns the food and releases acids and enzymes. It breaks it down into even smaller pieces. Then it goes to the small intestine and the small intestine it takes the nutrients and gives it to the capillaries so they can take the nutrients to the muscles. Then it goes to the large intestine and the large intestine drains the water and when its done the the waste comes out through the anus. The model demonstrated how it works in our stomach by the meat tenderiser acting like the enzymes breaking down the gelatin.
7. I think if you eat a lot of food but you don't digest it you cant do all things Mr. Solarz said in question. You won't be able to do all these things because when you are digesting and the food reaches the small intestine the small intestine takes the nutrients and gives it to the capillaries and the capillaries take it to every cell in our body.