5 types of rods.
1. Wood or Bamboo
3. Brownish red is called copper
4. Gold is called brass or copper
Prediction: I think that....
1. I think the Bamboo is first
2. Than the copper
3. The brass
4. Than the aluminum because its metal.
5. Last, The plastic Because it is flimsy.
What really happens:
1.the copper took 2 seconds
2. The Aluminum took 7 seconds
3. The Brass took 85 seconds
4. The plastic took 2640 seconds
5. The wood was last. But, Chunks of butter did start falling off.
| || |
.The heat energy transferred through the rods that the butter was on. The rods were in the hot water, which held the heat energy.
2.Both today's experiment and yesterday's experiment used water and a temperature probe. The main differences were no food coloring today and we were using butter today.
3.My results were very close to my predictions.
4.The two best materials were the copper and the aluminum.My evidence was the seconds it took for the butter and the stick slid down
5.The 2 worst conductors or rods were the brass and the bamboo.My evidence was the second (right on top of the page) and the brass took 85 seconds and the bamboo took 2640 seconds.
6.Yes I think water is a good conductor because electricity can travel through water like electrolytes.