- The earth is round because you can see the parts of the moon during a lunar eclipse that are not shaded or shaded by the earth. The only way you can see this is if the earth and moon are round.
- The earth is round because when you look out at the ocean and ships look like they appear out of the ocean. But, the earth is round so they come off of a curve.
- There is no up and down to the earth. It is always up and down to the person.
- If the earth was flat the stars and constellations would be the same wherever you go. But, they aren't the same.
- If you put two sticks in the ground and the world was flat the sticks would have the same shadow. But, if you did this right now they wouldn't have the same shadow because the earth is round.
- If the earth was flat and you were at the bottom of a tree and your friend was at the top of a tree you would be able to see the same things. But, scince the earth is round your friend can see farther than you can.
- People on Earth have known that the Earth is round for thousands of years.
- Earth shines on to the moon.
- Proof #1: The earth casts a rounded shadow on the moon during a lunar eclipse. The only way to cast a rounded shadow is if the object is rounded sphere.
- Proof #2: Ships appear to sink as they pass over the curved survace of the earth. It doesn't mean that they are sinking, it is as far as the person can see over the horizon.
- If you are closer to the center of the planet that is an non sphere shape you will way more when you are closer to the center of the planet you are heavier and if you are farther away you are lighter.
- Proof #3: If you way your self at any spot on the Earth you will way almost the exact thing at every spot. This is because the pull of gravity is about equal from every point on the earth. That means that the earth is a sphere.
- Proof #4: Astronauts can now travel to space to take photos and videos of the earth roatating to see its true shape.