1. I predict the water will repel, and just sit on the foil.
2. I predict the water will slide down the side of the grass.
3. I predict the water will also slide down the side of the rock.
4. I predict the water will absorb into the stick.
1. It just sat as droplets on the foil.
2. It slid down the grass and sat in a puddle at the bottom of the cup. Some water collected on the grass.
3. It slid down the rock and some of the water soaked in.
4. Some of the water absorbed into the stick, but the rest fell into the cup.
1. I wasn't surprised because it was my prediction.
2. It surprised me that the water collected on the grass.
3. I was surprised that some soaked in because it is a rock.
4. I wasn't surprised that the water absorbed.
1. I was surprised the most that some of the water collected on the grass. It wasn't my prediction and it surprised me, because I didn't expect it.
2. I wonder how different types of grass or wood would react to the water. I think they would react the same, but some types might be different enough that the water would do something different.