What improvements did we make to the model from trial to trial? After you list each improvement, explain why we made that change and explain if it helped or not.
What did the final model demonstrate for us? Was there anything that didn't work out? If so, what were we not able to demonstrate?
What would have been challenging for you if you were asked to do this entire lesson on your own?
Today we were trying to create a natural river. We wanted to be able to make a river from rain, and have it flow through like an actual river.
We did one experiment to try to make a river, we put clay on the bottom of the container. Big and small rocks too. We put sand that was actually tiny rocks that looked like sand, we put this on the bottom. After we tested this experiment we did a different one by changing what was on the ground of the river we rolled up PLAY'DOH and made it an obstacle. We put the dirt rocks and [sand] into one bag and mixed together and we put that on the bottom of the container.
Well there really wasn't anything we couldn't demonstrate. I feel like we did it all, but it was a little challenging to figure out what to put on the bottom to make the water flow like an actual river. Especially the first time. But the second time was hard to because you had to figure out what to change.
Well our class together had some awesome ideas. It would be a challenge because I myself wouldn't think up some of the ideas they came up with I mean everyones ideas count and help. So I'm glad the whole class gave Mr. Solarz ideas but he made them happen.