Predictions: I think that the butter will slide in the following order; Copper, Aluminum, Brass, Bamboo, Plastic
1. So there was a heating pad and on the heating pad were 5 pieces butter on sticks in a jar. First the heating pad got really hot and than the rods that were holding the butty, the butter then got oily and slimy so one by one the butter slid down the rods.
2. Today's and yesterday's experiment were the same because they tested how hot something got and we recorded all the evidence. They were different because today we were testing what materials are good conductors and yesterday we didn't do that.
3. My predictions were all right, in like the first 5 and 10 seconds copper and aluminum went down then it took like half an hour for the rest to start falling.
4. The two best conductors were Copper and Aluminum because the butter slid down those two materials first. I think those materials slid down first because they were metal and heat transfers through metal objects fast because metal doesn't burn.
5. The two best insulators were plastic and bamboo because the butter slid down those rods last. I think that those materials slid down last because they burn the easiest.
6. Yes, because when lightning hits water it gets really hot and electric.
7. Conductors are really important in life, you don't wont a good conductor to be your winter coat because then you'll be cold. So a ideal winter coat would be made out of bamboo or plastic.