Readers of nonfiction determine the writer's purpose for writing a text. We will consider how identifying an author's purpose helps them learn about a topic.
Topic: I think it is about how a hawk survives.
Type of nonfiction: Literary Non-Fitcion
Point of view: 3rd person
Information the author really wants us to know
- . How harsh a life can be for a hawk.
- . How some people can be nice to them and how some people aren't nice to them.
- . What the healing process is of the hawk.
- . How humans inter fare with wildlife.
So what's the point?
- Summarize - What message does the author really want us to take away from the text, or what was the author's purpose in writing this text?
I think the authors purpose of writing this book is to show humans what some humans do to kill a hawk and what some humans do help hawks to survive.
Stop and Jots
I wonder how his leg twisted backwards and got stuck. I feel bad for the hawk because he tried to get out he snapped his bone. But I'm glad that the hawk got free from the arrow.