Stop and Jots
- Rabbi. Jewish leader
- Grans wanted to teach jesse how to sew.
- Only boys went to school.
- Grans made jessie go to school.
- The rabbis brother died.
- His brother gave him a ticket to go to america
- I think the rabbi will give the ticket to jessie.
- The villagers begged the rabbi to go to america.
- Jessie is going to america.
- Jessie will help the rabbis brother's wife.
- I think jessie is going to say no to the rabbi because jessie doesn't want to leave her family.
- Jessie didn't have the wedding band
- She gave it to here grans. I wonder why she gave it to grans.
- (Words of the wiser) Grans said america awaits greatness.
- Jessie sat on her trunk and cried.
- Jessie got sick.
- I think jessie will not like america because she will miss grandmother to much.
- jessie fixed up her coat because grans taught her.
- A boy named Lou said hi to jessie and underused his self.
- Somebody screamed jessie's name and the person seemed to be her cousin k
- Jessie got of the ship and couldn't find Lou.
- Jessie wrote a letter to grandma.
- (words of the wiser) Jessie remembered to save her money and she put it in a jar.
- Jessie finally learned most of english and she was getting really good at sewing.
- Jessie saw a young man lose his hat and when he turned around and it was Lou.
- My prediction is that Lou and jessie will become really good friends because they met on the ship and they found each other again
- Jessie sent grandma a note saying she met a boy named Lou and said grandma will like him.
- Lou asked jessie to marry him and jessie said soon.
- Jessie saved all her money and bought her grandma a ticket.
- Grandma made it to america.
- Jessies grandma came and brought the wedding band because jessie couldn't get married without the band so she had her grandma bring the band because 1 it could get lost in the mail and 2 she didn't want to get married without her grandma.
| || |
I thought it was a good book. I like it because i liked how she loved her grandma so much and how she saved all her money to get her grandma a ticket to america. I disliked how america only let like 500 hundred people in america and that the rabbi only took one person and it was jessie and she couldn't take her grandma.
I like historical fiction because i like to know about history and to learn about the past. But i don't like that historical fiction means that this really didn't happen.
I was thinking about grandma and jessie finally seeing each other after being without being with each other for such a long time. I wish i knew more about jessie and Lou and if they got along or if jessie ever moved back to her own country. I want to know this because I'm wondering what happened or did anything else happen.