|What's going on in Mr. Solarz's Class?||
These ingredients combined represent sushi.
Sun: The Sun Grass: Producer Bongo: Herbivore Lion: Carnivore
1: The sun grows the grass, the grass feeds the bongo, the bongo feeds the lion.
2: Yes, because it all cycles around, like other systems.
3: The food web would no longer exist, because it all cycles around, and couldn't if one of it's elements ceases to exist any longer.
4: By consuming other things in the food web.
5: Fat from the food they eat, and energy, also from the food/drink they eat.
6: Matter that is not used in the food web will be used by another element of another food chain at some point.
What We Saw
Squirrels, worms, flowers, bushes, centipedes, trees, birds, and grass
Imagine a Place...
What is the poem about?
How does the poem look on the page?
Poem 1 - I think that the shape of the poem helps to show where to pause, but not all of the time. I think it also shows a symmetrical shape that looks nicer than just a blob. It also shows different parts of the poem in different sections.
Poem 2 - I don't think that the shape of the poem represents anything, because it is all left aligned, but the shape may
List potential problems as you read about them in your book. Also be thinking about other problems not mentioned that we should be considering.
Write a journal entry about what you learned from the perspective of your persona. Be "in character" while writing and express some of your concerns & worries in your writing.
Include some of the other personas in your writing to make it feel more real. Publish live and then comment on others' writing.
Man am I worried about all of these problems we're going to possibly face while on Mars! I can't believe I got myself into this! First of all, how can we live if it will constantly be -80ºF, AT BEST! At least we have Francisca Martinez, the meteorologist who can alert us of incoming dust storms. What I worry about with my career is alien disease. If there is bacterial life on Mars, it will pose a huge threat to any humans there.
1. Screenshot (top left)
2. Screenshot (top left)
1. Can you feel it when your pupils dilate?
2. Do you have any control over your pupils when they dilate?
3. What do we call this when a reflex happens without our control?
4. Why do our pupils get bigger in the dark and smaller in the light?
5. How does this reflex protect our eyes?
1. No, it just feels the same as always
2. No, they just widen in the dark, and shrink again when exposed to light
3. Involuntary reflex
4. In the dark, they widen to let in more light to try to see better, and in the light, they shrink to limit the amounts of light
5. This protects our eyes because they could burn from too much sun when they are dilated in the light.
1. Yes, because some of our senses are stronger for different people than others.
2. Use hand-sanitizer and wave it in somebody's face, or something else strong-smelling. To signal them.
3. Have somebody throw food at you? I don't know.
4. I think that you understand what you need to see or sense to do what you are going to do, and when you see it, it sends a message to your brain to catch the ruler when it happens.
5. No, because the ruler reaction was optional, so I could decide not to do it, where as the paper reflex was for self-defense, and was uncontrollable.
Science Units & Resources:
21st Century Skills:
Social Studies Units & Resources:
Reading Units (Schoolwide):
Writing Units (WriteSteps):
Spelling (Words Their Way):
Math (Math in Focus):