1.what unique properties can be used to identify a material as a solid?
1. Some properties that identify solids as solids are: all solids are hard, all solids have a definite shape, and they are always visible.
2. Gases are always filling in the space that they are in, all gases are transparent, and they have no definite shape.
3. Yes, they can be broken into pieces so small that you can only see them through a microscope. I know that because sand is broken up rocks, and at first you can see rocks then when it turns into sand you can only see its individual pieces under a microscope.
4. I think solid matter is made particles too small to see,even with a micro scope. I think that because everything can be broken down smaller than it is. All matter is made of
5. In think liquids and gases are made of loosely packed particles, and have an indefinite shape. Unlike solids that have a definite size and that have very tightly packed particles.
6. I think gases and liquids are made out of loosely formed particles. I think that because both of them are very flowy and take up all the space that it is in.