- In the year 2012 the worlds population was about 7,650,000,000
- 100 people would fit into a small village
- In this imaginary village each person would be about 70,000 people
- The people that lived in the village were from everywhere
- There were 100 people in this village
- Asia had the most people 
- In the global village there are 6,000 languges
- Some people speak at least 8 different languges
- Half of the people are over 30
- If your over 30 years old or exactly 30 you are considerd old
- 20% of the village is under 10 years old
- Countries get bigger and smaller through the years
- 50 people have religons
- About half of the people in the village are religous
- Besides the animals there are different foods and enough to last the whole village but some dont share and those people die because they dont have food
- People throw food away and 1/3 are starving
- For some people in the village the air and water are invaded by polution
- 87 people dont have to walk far for those things
- 13 people have to walk for and have to carry/find the water
- Some children can not go to school 1/6 people can not go to school or dont want to
- 16% of the worlds children dont go to school
- Girls will normally not be sent to school because they clean and care for the house and there family
- Some people have fancy rides and some have a rusty bike which they can only afford or are happy with
- The poorest people make 2 dollars a day
- Half the people only get six dollars a day
- Wood was the number one energy sorce
- 1/4 of the village has no electricty
- Lots of people have vaccines but the poor people have less money and can not get healthcare to help them
- Explain what surprised you about the statistics of our world.
- What upset you? What do you wish were different?
- What made you want to do something to improve a situation?
- Can you do anything to help? If so, what?