- There are skull's that you eat at the end of the holiday with the name of the person who died on it's forehead
- They have a skull that is colored and represents the holiday
- They give peace offering's to the dead
- They have a dance called the Dance of the Dead
- They have a bread that is called the Bread of the Dead
- La Catrina is a skeleton queen of the holiday.
Dia de los Muertos honors the dead with festivals and lively celebrations, a typically Latin American custom that combines indigenous Aztec ritual with Catholicism, brought to the region by Spanish conquistadores.