1. Some of the patterns that I noticed are all of the shadows are the same shape and it went long, short, long so the shadow was never the same size.
2. The patterns were caused by the Earth's rotation because when the Earth spins the sun appears in different places in the sky so the battery blocked the sun in different places so all the shadows aren't in the same place also when the Earth spins the sun appears lower in the sky so the battery blocks more sunlight so the shadow is longer.
3. The longer shadows appeared when the sun was lower in the sky because the battery blocked more of the sun. So then the shadow would be longer. It was longest int the morning shorter at noon and then a little longer in the afternoon but still not as long as the morning shadow.
4.The shorter shadows accord when the sun was higher because then the battery would block less of the sun. So the shadow would be shorter it was the shortest at noon.
5. I thought it was challenging to draw the shadow because when I was writing my hand was in the way and the shadow of my hand was over the shadow of the battery so I couldn't see the shadow anymore and it was hard to draw.
6. I think that I learned that shadows before noon is longer than shadows after noon because my shadow before noon at 9:30 AM was longer than my shadow after noon which was at 2:30 PM and they are both 2 and a half hours away from noon.