- Jessie is poor.
- Jessie's parents died.
- Takes place long ago.
- Jessie lives with her grandmother.
- Jessie trying to teach her grandmother to read and grandmother is trying to teach Jessie to sew.
- Takes place in another country.
- The Rabi has a ticket to America and all the people want to go.
- The Rabi called Jessie to go to America.
- Grandma is scared for Jessie about her going to America.
- Jessie is scared about going to America.
- Jessie keeps her moms wedding ring.
- When Jessie was about to leave but she gave grandma her ring because she did't want to loose it.
- Jessie cried because she missed grandma.
- Based on the cover Jessie might be around 11.
- Jessie is sad because she is scared.
- Jessie is nervous.
- Jessie is helping people by sewing their clothes on the book.
- Jessie made it to America and saw the statue of liberty.
- The book said that Jessie is 13.
- Jessie met the sewer.
- Jessie wrote a letter to grandma.
- Jessie gets paid 3 coins a week.
- Jessie made a wedding dress and now tons of people want wedding glasses.
- Jessie is learning to speak English.
- Jessie is now 16.
- Jessie met her old friend Lue.
- Lue proposes to Jessie but she said not yet.
- She gave money to buy a ticket for grandma.
- Grandma wrote a letter back that she would come.
- Grandma brought the ring back and gave it to Jessie.
- Then Jessie got married.
I like how the book had a message. I disliked how it left parts out.
This was historical fiction. What do you like about historical fiction and what don't you like? I like how it gave you an I disliked the style of the book.
How Jessie got married.
I wish I knew more about the time in before the
What Jessie felt about her job.