Take screen shots of the questions and your answers from this activity:
Second lesson: http://sd25.sciencecompanionprime.com/tutti/content/activity/launchViewer.svc?activityId=2B92F1BADDD742F7BFA4F98F926F2A89&reviewUserId=&getUserData=1&doSave=1&readOnly=0
- Was it more difficult to catch the ruler using one of the senses as compared to the other? Explain.
- How could you use only the sense of smell to catch the ruler?
- How could you use only the sense of taste to catch the ruler?
- Explain how your senses, nerves, brain, and muscles in your fingers helped you to catch the ruler for one of the senses explored. Use pages 17-23 of your student reference book to help you.
- How did your body respond when the ball of paper was thrown at you?
- How would this reflex protect your eyes if the transparency had not been there?
- Do you think the nervous system responded to catching the ruler and blinking in the same way? Why or why not? Were the senses used in both? Were muscles used in both? Did you have to think about both actions?