2. Explain in several paragraphs, how the tug-of-war activity was a metaphor for the Revolutionary War. In these paragraphs be sure to answer the following questions:
- Who did the RED team represent? Why were they the tallest & strongest children?
- Who did the BLUE team represent? Why were there fewer BLUE team members than RED team members?
- Who did the WHITE team represent? Why did they come in late?
- Why did the BLUE team members get offered a prize if they won?
- Why was there one student on the BLUE team who was not offered the prize?
- Why did the WHITE team cheer for the BLUE team?
- Why did part of the RED team join late?
- Why did the RED team have to pull the tug-of-war rope passed the bag, while the BLUE team only had to prevent the RED team from doing so?
3. Finally, answer the following reflection questions:
- Which team were you a member of?
- How did you feel at the beginning of the game?
- Who did you think would win the game at first (RED or BLUE)? Why?
- How did you feel as the rules changed? Did you get discouraged or more confident? Why?
- What were the reasons why the BLUE team won?