- Mistress McLean was an innkeeper. The most interesting thing about her was that she was the eyes and ears of the village. She made sure that everyone was doing everything right and not getting into mischief.
- Peter Smith was a frontiersman. The most interesting thing about him was that frontiersman lived 10 hours away from the nearest village.
- Rowland Sole was a British Soldier. The most interesting thing about him was that people were being hung for stealing a loaf of bread to feed their starving family.
- Ida made children's toys. The most interesting thing about her was that she was aware that many kids didn't have toys because they were expensive.
- Zebadiah (Zeb) was a carpenter. The most interesting thing about this man was that the draw knife that he used came near him, it was handy enough not to go through him because it had a sharp blade.
- Charles W. Walker was a militia. The most interesting thing about him is if he missed a shot with his gun he would use the back of the gun because if he wouldn't have enough time to load it.
- Joseph O'Fallon was a trapper and trader. The most interesting thing we learned was that beaver fur was worth a whole years teacher salary.
- Katherine Devwa made cloths. The most interesting thing that we learned about her is that if her wooden shoes were not uncomfortable.
- Janet was a spinner. The most interesting thing we learned was she traded outfits for food. And her parents died in a carriage accident
- Captain Parke was a surveyor. The most interesting thing we learned about him was that the system the used was very simple but there can be an easy error in long distance measuring.
I think this field trip was very fun because we got to learn all about peoples lives in the late 1700s and they acted it out instead of just telling us what happened. They also had examples that they showed us and how to hold a rifle.
It was also fun because we got to work with a partner and talk to each other about each station and see what each other was thinking. We learned opinions on different sides like the British and Americans and what they thought about freedom and staying with Britain. That was some of the stuff that we learned on this field trip.