1. Which team were you a member of?
2. How did you feel at the beginning of the game?
3. Who did you think would win the game at first (RED or BLUE)? Why?
4. How did you feel as the rules changed? Did you get discouraged or more confident? Why?
5. What were the reasons why the BLUE team won?
6. Historically speaking, what happened once America won the Revolutionary War? What changed in America? Why was it important that America won the war?
7. What would have been different if America had lost the war?
3. What we did at the tug of war thing was fun! It was such a buzz of excitement! People were pulling and chanting for the other team it was crazy and loud! The red team did not have that many people while the blue team had lots of members. The red team were the British because they were strong had had lots of experience. The blue team were the Continental Army because they had more people but less experience in fighting the war. This activity was really fun and a good experience to learn about the Rev War. I liked it a lot even though I did not get to participate.
4. Reflection Questions:
1. I was not a member of any team, I was the camera person.
2. I felt excited because it was really tense.
3. I thought that the blue team would win because they had more people on their team and because they had more reinforcements.
4. I got more discourage because the more rules that Mr. Solarz gave out, the more things that we could of done could not get done.
5. The blue team won because they had more people on their team and lots of reinforcements that helped them when they needed the help.
6. After the Americans won the war, they got their freedom to make their own rules and have their own land. What changed in America was that got the freedom and would not have to fight anymore. It was important that America won because they wanted their freedom for along time.
7. If America lost the war, then the war would keep on going and the Americans would be angry and frustrated that they lost. They might not stop fighting until they finally got their freedom.