Stop and Jot:
1. Jessie is very poor and lived with her grandmother.
2. A Rabbi teaches the boys. The boys manly went to school but Jessie did to.
3. I think that the Rabbi will chose Jessie to go to America because on the cover of the book she is on a boat.
4. The villagers are bragging about their talents so they could go to America. But the Rabbi did not like that.
5. The Rabbi chose Jessie and she will help the Rabbi's friend's widow to help her sow and keep her company.
6. I wonder why Jessie gave grandmother the ring?
7. Words of the wiser: Grans told Jessie greatness awaits her in America.
8. On the fourth morning the sun came out and they dried out.