- I noticed there was a crevice with a seed in it
- I also noticed some lines in my apple
- Also there was fuzzy stuff around the stem
- I saw a bit of seed in a little hole
- I saw something that resembled a mouth
- There were little green dots on the apple skin
- The stem looks as if someone had cut it of the tree
- One of the seeds is wet in the apple
- There was a little sliver on the apple
- I noticed that it was like apple sauce inside the apple
1. Why were you able to observe so many things about your apple today?
2. Why is observation and description so important in science?
3. Rank order the five senses in the order or your observations (i.e. which sense was used most, second most, etc.).
1. I was able to learn so much because I was using a magnified glass, so I could see ever little detail.
2. It is important because without observation and description no one would be able to know what something looks like, smells like, and hears like.
3. Sight, touch, smell, hear, taste