1. Which team were you a member of?
2. How did you feel at the beginning of the game?
3. Who did you think would win the game at first (RED or BLUE)? Why?
4. How did you feel as the rules changed? Did you get discouraged or more confident? Why?
5. What were the reasons why the BLUE team won?
6. Historically speaking, what happened once America won the Revolutionary War? What changed in America?
Why was it important that America won the war?
7. What would have been different if America had lost the war?
1. I was on the red team (England).
2. At the beginning I felt confident because we had strong kids and I believed in my team.
3. I thought the red team would win because I was confident we had all of the stronger kids.
4. It bothered me a little when the rules changed. I got sort of discouraged because the other team got to have more players than we did.
5. The blue team won because they had more players and that made it easier for them to win.
6. When America won the war Great Britain recognized them as their own country and the colonists earned their freedom. The colonists could move west and make their own laws after the war. It is important that America won the war because we are a free country and have freedoms that other countries don't have.
7. If America had lost the war, we would be ruled by England and a queen. We wouldn't have our freedoms that we have now. We would have to listen to Britain.
First Mr. Solarz split us into three teams. They were the Red, White, and Blue. I was on the Red team, aka, the British. The Blue team were the American colonists, and the White team was the French. Mr. Solarz put down some ground rules and he told the blue team that if they won they didn't have to do THIS blog post. Then he told Jeremy he didn't qualify for it, which meant Jeremy was a slave. When we actually had the tug of war, the red team was split in the beginning.Later the rest of the red team came in, which represented the rest of the British soldiers coming from England. Then the white team (French) came in to help out the blue team (colonists) and they outnumbered us.The blue and white team won. Because Mr. Solarz had been acting the whole time, the blue team still had to do the blog post. Yeah!
My brother was running away from Ursula and I in a an inflatable ball suit thingy, because he didn't want to have to get out so I could go in it. As he was running away he just fell out of nowhere and did a face plant, and as he fell it looked like it had happened in slow motion. Luckily he had his face plant in the front yard, so he didn't hit his face on the drive way. I couldn't help my self, I just burst out laughing it was one of the funniest things I had ever seen. I went over to my brother who was on the ground with his face in the yard. I told him how funny it looked when and after he fell. After I told him that he started laughing too.