|What's going on in Mr. Solarz' Class?||
1. We saw the innkeeper first. Her name was Christine Maclean. One interesting fact was that people who didn't have enough money would sleep with men that they didn't know.
2. The second person we saw was the frontiersman. His name was Peter Smith. One interesting fact about him was he lived 10 hours from any settlement and 2 hours from any neighbor.
3. The third station was the Surveyor. His name was Captain John Ira Parke. One interesting was he taught an easier way of measure in chains instead of feet 50 chains equals 33 feet.
4.The fourth station we went to was the British Grenadier. His name was Private Rowland Soule, 1st Royal Regt, 2nd Battalion Scout in the Northwest Territory. One interesting fact about him is he
5. The fifth station we went to was the toy maker her name was Ida. one interesting fact about her is that Zebadith carved his toys.
6. The sixth person is Zebadith he is a carpenter. One interesting fact about him is he carved his own tool handles.
7.The seventh person we visited was the Militia. His name was Charles W.Walker. One interesting fact about him is he wouldn't rely on weapons for example he would use a lot of hand to hand combat.
8. The eight person we went to was the trapper he is Joseph O'fallon. One interesting fact we learned was one pack of fur cost the amount of a teachers salary.
9. The ninth person we saw was the 18th Century Clothing her name was Leon DuBois & Catherine. One interesting fact was that kids from when they are born to when they are potty trained they where stays that keep there shoulders to not shrug.
10. The tenth person we saw was the spinner her name was Janette Lundahl. One interesting fact we learned was she was adopted the family took care of her as they were her real parents.
What Was It Like In 1775.
In the colonial times of 1775, the colonists had a hard time living. Like they had no grocery stores,
Notes for Skype with Ms.George:
Science Units & Resources:
21st Century Skills:
Social Studies Units & Resources:
Reading Units (Schoolwide):
Writing Units (WriteSteps):
Spelling (Words Their Way):
Math (Math in Focus):