- Met in Philadelphia
- It was a letter that the colonists wrote to England declaring independence
- No taxation without representation
- Debating over Independence
- Protested with Boston Tea Party
- They would Tar and Feather the tax collectors
- The first Continental Congress meet for two months
- Beginning of American revolution is when First Continental congress
- First meeting they decided they would boycott British goods
- Asked king George to take away the intolerable acts
- All went back after two months of meetings
- nine months later they got together for the second continental congress after king George made no changes
- Same people and same place meeting
- War had already happened between Lexington and Concord
- War was British were marching between towns and the Americans hid in the trees and started to shoot the British
- another two month meeting
- Thomas Jefferson, Ben Franklin, George Washington, John Adams, and John Hancock
- They were send to make a plan to fight a war with England
- It became the government for the colonies
- Decided how to organize the troops and who would lead them
- They were trying to decide how to tell England about Independence
- By 1776 the number of people supporting independence had grown
- The reason is Paine made a pamphlet called common sense and influenced them to be a patriot
- The congress decided to write a document to send to England explaining why the colonists should be free and why King George is unfair
- They faced three jobs organizing the colonies for war
- Needed to train a us army
- Second job was finding a army leader
- They chose George Washington
- Had to decide if they wanted Independence or just fight which was the hardest decision
- There are fifty six people
- Thomas Jefferson
- John Hancock
- John Adams
- Sam Adams
- Massachusetts needs independence the most because the English don’t like them
- Virginia is the most important colony because it was the biggest
- Bunker Hill
- There were actually 10 tea parties not only the Boston tea party
- No one knows who shot first in the Lexington concord battle
- New York had the most loyalists
- Joseph Warren died when he was shot in the head by a general
- Spain and France supported the colonists
- The British would hang them if they found out they were meeting
- Some of the native Americans took side with the colonists so they would get food and shelter
- The worst intolerable act was when they closed the Boston harbor
- There wasn’t an age limit for the army
1. What did we decide during the Second Continental Congress?
2. What is one thing that you think everyone should know about Second Continental Congress?
3. Why should more teachers try to connect with other classrooms while learning things like history?
1. The representatives decided to declare independence by writing a letter to England known as the declaration of independence.
2. The Second Continental Congress was when the representitives wrote the declaration of independence.
It was a very important moment in America's history.
3. More teachers should try to connect with other classrooms like this because first of all it is way more fun to learn like that. Second of all you can learn things your teacher wouldn't have known.