1. Which team were you a member of?
2. How did you feel at the beginning of the game?
3. Who did you think would win the game at first (RED or BLUE)? Why?
4. How did you feel as the rules changed? Did you get discouraged or more confident? Why?
5. What were the reasons why the BLUE team won?
6. Historically speaking, what happened once America won the Revolutionary War? What changed in America?
Why was it important that America won the war?
7. What would have been different if America had lost the war?
1. I was on the white team. ( The French Military)
2. I was a little bit bummed out that I had to sit out on the side at the and cheer the blue team on but I later found out my team would participate to and I was excited.
3. I thought the red team would definitely win because they were all the tall big kids and blue was all the shorter kids. When I found out that the white and blue would team up I knew that blue would win.
4. When the rules changed I started feeling more and more confident.
5. One of the reasons the blue team won was because they didn't have to beat the red team they just had to make sure the red team didn't win. Another reason they won is they were motivated but the red team wasn't the blue team wouldn't have to do the blog post if they won even if the red team won they wouldn't get a prize.
6. Once America won the war they tried to establish a government. America also signed a peace treaty with France who is the white team. It is important that America won the war because now they could now be free and they could use their great ideas about government.
7. If America didn't win the war we would be under Britain's control right now and we wouldn't be learning about how America won we would be learning about how Britain won and now is in full control of America.
This activity was very fun and I think that it represented the Revolutionary war very well. The white team was France and blue was America while red was England. The blue team got a reward if they won which symbolized freedom. The blue team also had a stronger motivation than red just like America wanted to win more than England because they got freedom. Also like in real life blue didn't have to win just make sure that red didn't win. Also the white team started just cheering for blue like France was cheering for America and white joined tug of war just like France joined America in the end.