My notes on the video
| || |
1. It is very scary and you don't know what could happen. Anything can go wrong and you are stuck 250 miles away from home.
2. It is 250 million miles away. It will take 2 and 1/2 years to travel.
3. They will need oxygen and food and water they will need probably and extra suit. They need these necessities to survive. You will need some exercise tools to keep yourself good.
4. You can lose calcium and not stay in good shape. Also you will be in space so you can't get home in a minute.
- Rockets have landed but not people
- It is 250 million miles away
- It's volcanoes are as wide as Missouri
- It's tallest mountain soars 3 times higher than Mt.Everest
- Some river valleys are as wide as the grand canyon is long.
- Days on Mars are only a few minutes longer
- But a year is twice as long
- It is so cold that the water is all locked up in a polarize ice caps
- A small piece of a meteor had fallen from space onto earth
- Inside the meteor scientist found minerals
- Mars used to be warmer and used to have flowing water.
- Polar ice caps gave proof that water was still there
- The scientists made a thing that can turn pee into water to drink on mars
- People are making gardens to grow things to see if it will work on mars but an astronaut is concerned that it will harm them and have bacteria of carry a disease with the plant.
- In mars since the gravity we do not walk on mars or in space ships we fly so our bones and muscles lose calcium and muscles lose strength so when we walk when they get back they can't
- Astronaut Shannon Lucid broke the record for 6 months in space.