1. What happened to the temperature of the cold water over time? What about the warm water?
2. What happened on the graph to show what happened with the water temperatures?
3. What did you notice happened at the end of the experiment?
4. How did the cold water get warmer? How did the warm water get colder?
5. Did the water go through the red Solo cup? How do you know?
6. Which direction did the heat energy move?
1. Over time the cold water got warmer because it sat in the cup for a long time without anything to keep it cold, the warm water got cold over time because it didn't have anything to keep it warm.
2. The graph showed in the beginning that the warm water was at 116 and after a while it turned to 51.8 degrees and the cold water started out as 42.3 and went up to 51.1 degrees.
3. That the cold water got warmer and the hot water got colder, surprisingly the cold water got warmer than the hot water.
4. The warm water got colder because there was nothing to keep it warm,and the cold water got warmer because there was nothing to keep it cold.
5. No I don't think it did because the red solo cup was above the outside water so I don't think the water went through.
6. I think the heat energy moved to the left because of the way the red solo cup kind of leaned to the left.