- 1,500 active volcanoes in the world
- Japan has more than 100 volcanoes
- The longest lava flow is from a volcano in Hawaii and it is called Poo-oo ohoh
- A volcano is a rupture in the Earth's crust that allows volcanic gasses and ash and lava to escape
- Mount st. Helen is a volcano in Washington
- Super volcanoes have to be a magnitude 8 and have rock coming out also
- The upper part of the mantel is called the Asthenosphere
- The Earth's crust is made up of 7 tectonic plates
- When plates collide we can have mountains, volcanoes erupt, earthquakes happen, and geothermal things occur
- Hydrothermal occurs are snow and rain goes through the crust and comes up 4,000 years later
- The ocean plate sinks under the continental plate and that can make beaches.
- Volcanoes are formed by magma pushing up through the Earth's crust and emerges as lava and then the lava cools into rock
- 7 major plates and other smaller ones
- Volcanic ash is a danger to an airplane
- Eruptions can have landslides or rocks flying or tsunamis
- Rocks that come out of volcanoes are called igneous rocks
- Obsidian is formed by lava cooling super fast
- Basalt can be found on the moon
- Granite is not found in volcanoes
- Riolite holds pressure in until the cone is blown of
- There are shield volcanoes, cinder cone volcanoes, and submarine volcanoes
- Volcanoes can make new habitats and can kill lots of people
Zebadiah: He was a carpenter. He made barrels and he had to bend the boards to make them. King George the Third had trees that you couldn't cut down because they were his trees.
Peter Smith: He was a frontiersman that was in charge of a group. The scouts would report back to him about the Indians and the British. He was a patriot.
Angus McClain: He was in the militia and he was a patriot. He served in the Rogers Rangers during the French and Indian War. he used a special kind of wood to start fires.
Joseph O'fallon: He was a trapper and he was not a patriot or loyalist because he was Irish. The trappers purchased fur from the Indians and then resold it. You could make fake fur and charge an unfair price.
Charles Walker: He was a land agent and he was not a loyalist or patriot because he just sold land. In this buisness you had to get a land measurer to measure the land for you to sell it. You could sell the same land to four people and then run away.
Christine MacLean: She was an innkeeper. She was not a loyalist or a patriot because it would be bad for business. In the inn there was a room where men could hang out.
Molly Brandt: She was a native american that helped her husband with trading. She is a loyalist and if there is a war she will help smuggle guns, bullets, and gunpowder. She is a member of the Wolf clan.
Leon duBois and Catharine: They made clothes for little kids and adults. They had 5 kids and some didn't live trough infancy.
Captain Park Sara: He was a land surveyor. He was not a patriot or a loyalist because he was a land agent. He measured land for a land agent so the land agent could sell the land.
Gennette Londol: She was a spinner. She used dyes to make wool and then she would spin it. She had to take out clumps in the wool to spin it.
Kids should get the opportunity that we did because it would help them learn in a fun way. If they didn't get this opportunity they might not understand it and they might not have fun doing it.